Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Arriving at the Design indaba was not as easy as I thought. I had to drive around for about 10minutes trying to find parking and when I eventually did it cost me R30.
I walked into the convention centre and saw a lot of people fairly young all walking around with orange lanyards hanging around their necks.
Passing a very long coffee line I found the ticket sales. Unfortunately I didn’t have my student card on me so I had to pay another R60 rand to enter.

I bumped into Kate Stanton just before entering and she made me even more excited to enter. I got some fancy stamp and walked in.

BOS definitely first caught my eye and I walked to see what they were displaying.
I took some pictures and and read some of the comments and stuff people had written on their design. I thought it was an awesome design.


Then I went to look at Carla Botosso who makes finger styled carpets. By her stand she had a bright yellow board that read a very important line, which was that buying one of the carpets would help ladies from Mozambique against HIV/AIDS and social depravation. So I bought a carpet as a donation to these woman. Have a look on their sight at www.mescla.dk


PG Bison also grabbed my attention as it looked like a little play ground. It drew attention and I was very curious to see if the pieces were a puzzle and what they said.
I then found out what PG Bison is. It is a subsidiary of Steinhoff International, manufactures and distributes sawn timber, poles, wood-based panel products, decorative laminates and solid surfacing materials. To find out more you can visit-http://www.pgbison.co.za/
At the “WE ARE FARMING FOR FUTURE” I came across what I thought was an amazing quote and I want to share it with everyone.

It goes like this- The world we’ll find ourselves in tomorrow depends on what we do today. Our good Business Journey is about the many things we’re doing differently and the new ideas we’re putting in practice, which will make a real difference in our communities, our country and our world.”

The jewelry part was also amazing and I saw a lot I loved. Everything was very creative and interesting. The space was separate and a good end to my walk through.

My favorite part of the entire Indaba was walking in to Stefania Morland’s amazing fashion show. It was very smokey but what I could see was amazing. I have worked with her and her daughter on a fashion show before and found her clothing very confusing and not something I could see a teenager wear. Well after that show, my mind changed completely. I loved every single garment. The range was stylish, sexy, dark, very fashionable, wearable and everything I would love to have in my closet. Winter leather jacket that’s a must have too.


 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment